Keywords: LTE broadband communications technology bandwidth-hungry applications
Carmaker Audi demonstrated an A8 luxury sedan equipped with LTE broadband communications technology at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Considered a “functional prototype”, the car featured LTE equipment based on Alcatel-Lucent’s commercially available broadband mobile infrastructure.
During demo rides on the streets of Barcelona, the broadband connection was used to show a number of bandwidth-hungry applications including video streaming, music file download, navigation and web browsing.
Audi’s board member responsible for technology development, Michael Dick, announced that LTE technology will be integrated into Audi vehicles soon. He referred to the speech of Audi chairman Rupert Stadler at the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. There, Stadler announced that LTE technology would be used in vehicles in early 2011.
Besides Audi and Alcatel-Lucent, a third partner was involved in the Barcelona LTE demo—China Mobile, China’s (and the world’s) largest mobile telecommunications provider. Perhaps this hints at the markets Audi is aiming the technology at.
- Christoph Hammerschmidt EE Times
- Coco Rocha: Technology boosted fashion
- Two-Dimensional Nanocrystals-Based Semiconductor Technology for Future …
- New Type Of Semiconductor Technology For Future Computers And Electronics …
- A Preview of Living in Digital Times’ Technology Lifestyle Conferences at 2013 International CES®: Thirteen Thought …
- IBM: Future Computers to Detect Smell, Taste, Sound
- MTN launches cloud computing services for SMEs
- LDRA Technology Inc. Joins the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE …
- Rapid Tech Review Introduces Animated Video Reviews of the Latest Tech to Promote the Gadget Review Site
- Technology Doesn't Ruin Our Lives, We Do
- Chopra Discusses Health Care Technology Impact on Regulators
Submited at Sunday, February 20th, 2011 at 6:00 pm on Uncategorized by hilman
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback