In what can only be described as a case of hell freezing over and pigs flying, Microsoft’s premier document editing suite has been spotted running on Apple’s portable future computer, the iPad.
The photos, leaked by the Apple and News Inc. crossbreed digital newspaper The Daily, the pics don’t show much more than a Microsoft Office logo on an iPad. Further, no one seems to be able to confirm whether this pic is real or not, but The Daily isn’t just some rumour rag. It’s run by veteran reporters and staffed with knowledgeable, connected researchers
I the pic proves to be real, it means that at least Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are in development, as those are the icons on the screen. The design of the app fits in with Microsoft’s new Metro styling, all stylish, flat shades and large, simple to click squares. And given Microsoft’s recent user interfaces, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more gorgeous than Apple’s iPad word processor.
The Daily claims that Microsoft has been working on this for quite a while and is set to release this in just a few weeks. They made no note of an Android version, not surprising since Microsoft seems to think Android is a second class operating system.
This is a pretty great move. It means that even the major players are finally beginning to think of tablets as actual productivity devices rather than mere novelties. Maybe that means we’ll finally see a good selection of truly useful productivity apps hit the tablet form factor. After all, if Microsoft is getting into the ring, then they should already be going from trend to standard. No one ever accused Microsoft of being forward thinking.
- Brooke House could be sold as commuter flats says Basildon Deputy Leader
- Builder confidence continues to rise
- Housing in Stockton: Views on future homes sought by council
- Junior Firefighters Train to Be Future Life Savers
- Future Building gives students hands-on construction experience
- 'Technology first' for future homes
- NGO to campaign against use of toy gun by children
- Quebec's BTB Real Estate Investment Trust nets $16.2 million from public offering
- Future Homes for Facebook's Filthy Rich
- The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Collection
Submited at Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 at 11:00 am on Uncategorized by chuck
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback