Research and Markets: The Infusion Pump Market Outlook to 2016 – Assess the Trends in Pump Technology Development
June 08, 2011 02:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time
“The Infusion Pump Market Outlook to 2016”
This report strategically analyzes the competitive landscape of the infusion pump market and projects the future trends in terms of new product development, focus on emerging markets, and new vendors to watch out for. The report also provides forecasts for the various market and geographic segments and projects the upcoming trends in technology and product innovation cycle.
Features and benefits
Understand the dynamics of the infusion market, including growth drivers, challenges, and regulatory issues. Assess the impact of FDA pump recalls and the strategies being employed by competitors to capitalize on the recalls by acquiring market share. Develop positioning strategies for products based on identification of the most profitable geographical and application segments. Assess the trends in pump technology development and comprehend the implications for market growth. Identify demand-supply gaps from the end-user analysis and gain insight into the most valued pump characteristics.
Infusion pumps with specialized applications will drive market growth. The improving reimbursement scenario for cost-effective and portable devices will ensure better adoption rates for alternate-site infusion systems. The market will also be driven by increased revenues from after-sales service and annual maintenance contracts.
The highly saturated US market will provide continued demand for disposable sets. The profit margins for large-volume pumps and syringe pumps will suffer a price erosion of 5% per year. Emerging markets such as India, China and Brazil will offer high growth opportunities for medium to low cost syringe pumps, ambulatory pumps, and enteral pumps.
Software glitches, confusing instructions and battery failures have been some of the major challenges affecting the uptake of infusion pumps. End users have responded to such challenges by forming multi-disciplinary task forces to assess and examine the root causes for infusion errors.
Key Topics Covered:
Executive Summary About Business Insights Overview of the global infusion pump market The global infusion pump market by geographies Competitive landscape for the global infusion pump market End-user analysis and strategic response of vendors Appendix
CareFusion Baxter Hospira
Source: Business Insights
- Top 5 Zacks #1 Ranked Technology Mutual Funds
- Coco Rocha: Technology boosted fashion
- Two-Dimensional Nanocrystals-Based Semiconductor Technology for Future …
- New Type Of Semiconductor Technology For Future Computers And Electronics …
- A Preview of Living in Digital Times’ Technology Lifestyle Conferences at 2013 International CES®: Thirteen Thought …
- IBM: Future Computers to Detect Smell, Taste, Sound
- MTN launches cloud computing services for SMEs
- LDRA Technology Inc. Joins the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE …
- Rapid Tech Review Introduces Animated Video Reviews of the Latest Tech to Promote the Gadget Review Site
- Technology Doesn't Ruin Our Lives, We Do
Submited at Wednesday, June 8th, 2011 at 10:00 pm on Uncategorized by madison
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback