Braintree Printing, a digital and offset printing company serving printers and print brokers throughout the Northeast, recently hired Brett Garnier of Stoughton as the company’s director of technology.
A seasoned technical architect, Garnier brings 15 years of experience analyzing, developing and delivering information technology solutions for businesses. Prior to joining Braintree Printing, Garnier was director of software engineering at Inflexxion, Inc.
“Brett brings advanced technical expertise to Braintree Printing’s network of computers,” stated owner Jim Corliss, noting that Garnier is able to simplify complex technology terms and communicate well with staff. “Brett sees the huge picture and comprehends how each piece of technology fits together. He’s a great troubleshooter and heads off problems before they even arise.”
Garnier’s colorful background includes a career as a tattoo artist and a stint in the U.S. Air Force at Air Education and Training Command where he developed an interest in future technology. After an honorable discharge, Garnier used the GI bill and returned to school to study software engineering. He worked for several dot.com startup companies and later consulted for Breakaway Solutions and Burntsand, Inc.
At Braintree Printing, Garnier has finished a disaster recovery back-up system, backing up digital assets locally and to an off-site location, ensuring the security of years of valuable printing data. Under his direction, Braintree Printing will start using open source software tools. According to Garnier, products such as Open Office save money, add valuable features and promote internal flexibility.
He has also implemented a system that grants remote access to Braintree Printing systems at all times. The company’s owners can now work remotely from wherever they are, connecting to work from home PCs, laptops, even iPads and Smart Phones, keeping track of printing jobs 24/7. Co-owner Jose Tafur, a weekend sailor, can even access printing files while at sea.
Garnier stated he likes Braintree Printing’s close-knit working environment. He welcomes the chance to wear many hats and states his next challenge will be rebuilding and rebranding the Braintree Printing website.
“I want to make Braintree Printing’s website a full-service, e-commerce solution for quick printing,” he said.
- Coco Rocha: Technology boosted fashion
- Two-Dimensional Nanocrystals-Based Semiconductor Technology for Future …
- New Type Of Semiconductor Technology For Future Computers And Electronics …
- A Preview of Living in Digital Times’ Technology Lifestyle Conferences at 2013 International CES®: Thirteen Thought …
- IBM: Future Computers to Detect Smell, Taste, Sound
- MTN launches cloud computing services for SMEs
- LDRA Technology Inc. Joins the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE …
- Rapid Tech Review Introduces Animated Video Reviews of the Latest Tech to Promote the Gadget Review Site
- Technology Doesn't Ruin Our Lives, We Do
- Chopra Discusses Health Care Technology Impact on Regulators
Submited at Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 at 6:00 pm on Uncategorized by madison
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback