U.S. Vice President Joe Biden met with Russian business leaders Wednesday in the country’s future technology hub Skolkovo, as part of two days of speaks aimed at improving U.S.-Russian relations.
Biden stated investors are looking for assurances that the legal system treats them fairly and acts on their concerns swiftly. He also gave his support for Russia’s membership in the World Trade Organization.
Also Wednesday, the U.S. vice president oversaw the signing of an agreement between U.S. airplane manufacturer Boeing and Russia’s Aeroloft for at least six B-777 airliners from Boeing.
Biden also met with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. On Thursday, Biden will meet with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Russia is Biden’s second stop on a three-nation tour. He first visited Finland, and will depart Moscow Friday for a brief visit to the Moldovan capital of Chisinau before returning to Washington.
Some information for this report was provided by AP, AFP and Reuters.
- Brooke House could be sold as commuter flats says Basildon Deputy Leader
- Builder confidence continues to rise
- Housing in Stockton: Views on future homes sought by council
- Junior Firefighters Train to Be Future Life Savers
- Future Building gives students hands-on construction experience
- 'Technology first' for future homes
- NGO to campaign against use of toy gun by children
- Microsoft Office Spotted Running on iPad
- Quebec's BTB Real Estate Investment Trust nets $16.2 million from public offering
- Future Homes for Facebook's Filthy Rich
Submited at Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 at 7:00 pm on Uncategorized by admin
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback