Document and print services company Xerox has launched a web portal that gives customers access to prototype technology research that will form the basis of future products and services, the company stated on Thursday.
Xerox hopes that, in return for early access, customers will be able to inform the research by providing instant feedback to the Open Xerox lab.
“At Xerox we encourage change, push the limits of the unknown, and explore new approaches to innovation,” Sophie Vandebroek, Xerox’s chief technology officer and president of the Xerox Innovation Group stated in a statement. “Collaboration with users across the globe brings fresh ideas, diverse opinions and expertise that enable game-changing innovations for our customers.”
Currently, the site offers more than 20 services — some of which require a login — for users to test out, including Trailmeme, personalised imaging software and document language translation tools such as the “Arabic Morphological Analyzer”.
The lab also has a tool for translating PDF files into ePub — the standard e-book format — or XML formats.
Open Xerox also grants customers with a Xerox Extensible Interface Platform (EIP) printer to access some of the apps available on the portal directly.
- Coco Rocha: Technology boosted fashion
- Two-Dimensional Nanocrystals-Based Semiconductor Technology for Future …
- New Type Of Semiconductor Technology For Future Computers And Electronics …
- A Preview of Living in Digital Times’ Technology Lifestyle Conferences at 2013 International CES®: Thirteen Thought …
- IBM: Future Computers to Detect Smell, Taste, Sound
- MTN launches cloud computing services for SMEs
- LDRA Technology Inc. Joins the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE …
- Rapid Tech Review Introduces Animated Video Reviews of the Latest Tech to Promote the Gadget Review Site
- Technology Doesn't Ruin Our Lives, We Do
- Chopra Discusses Health Care Technology Impact on Regulators
Submited at Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 at 7:00 am on Uncategorized by robert
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback